Armas Weekend Reader
14-15 May 2022
This week: progressive foreign policy, weird OMNI covers, Chinese ship-killing exercises, Finland in NATO, global population collapse, Lieutenant Anderson’s platoon, and more. Let’s go —
0) Address from the leader of the free world on Victory Day.
1) “The progressive foreign policy paradigm is a closed intellectual system, which can never be falsified. It is also a domestic political initiative, which readily attributes any of its failures to the behavior of its adversaries.”
2) “[Here] are a few of the most egregious examples of the New York Times Pulitzers that should never have been awarded and still have not been rescinded.”
3) “There’s now a dangerous shortage of specialized formulas that are the only thing keeping many children and adults alive.”
4) “With the news that the U.S. Supreme Court will likely overturn Roe v. Wade, commentary has largely concentrated on the moral issues, women’s desires to not bear a child to term, and the soundness of the original court decision. However, the current discussion also provides a chance to evaluate how liberalizing abortion rules from 1969 to 1973 ignited profound long-term social changes in America and whether the court’s decision will reverse those changes.”
5) “Reports this week that U.S. intelligence had helped Ukraine sink a Russian warship and kill Russian generals on the battlefield were the latest signs of what appears to be the Pentagon's slow, steady march to deeper involvement in the European war.”
Keep reading with a 7-day free trial
Subscribe to Armas to keep reading this post and get 7 days of free access to the full post archives.